Google
4.2 of 5 2,085 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2085 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great perks, great projects, great food, long hours if you're not careful.

Software Development Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

ProsThere's a ton of engineering resources, and everything is pretty open and transparent within the company. Lots of on the job perks, and there are really cool projects all over the company to spend time on.

ConsThere is a culture of working long hours there, and 20% time is pretty much a myth now. If anything, it's 120% time. As well, the San Francisco to Mountain View commute is a little grating after a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs an intern, I didn't really interact with senior management a whole lot, so I couldn't really say.

everything they say and more

Associate Quantitative Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: Amazing resources available onsite. All the perks really are amazing as they say. not only is the food amazing but they also have… Cons: I did not find all of my work to be necessary. Also, my department was located somewhat far from… Advice to Senior Management: I think they are doing a great job. TGIF, where all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Honeymoon period gets over in first two years.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: I have never met so many brilliant people at one company ever. I have worked for 8 years in industry now. Seriously, there is not… Cons: If you join as a Noogler, you will enjoy the perks, free food, massage, infinite offsites, inter-grouplets, events, socials and meeting brilliant people and all… Advice to Senior Management: Fix bad managers. Train them to be managers, monitor their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.