There are newer employer reviews for Google

Recruiting at Google is an experience you must not miss

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

Pros

The teamwork is wonderful and supportive, though competitive as all get out. Recruiting for the best of the best is an interesting and vital experience at Google. The ATS is wonderful, compared to others out there. The culture is vital, dynamic and engaging.

Cons

The up and down sides are there is a lot of change. Google does not get stale, that is for sure. But the processes change a lot which makes it a little less sticky than it "should" be, IMHO. There is a lot of social competitiveness that is very intense, but that does drive excellence, even if you do feel like your job could end any minute.

Advice to Management

I think the leaders need to lead more and accept the performers that are not excellent but highly functional. That way you can keep people for the long haul.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Business Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Business Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

Pros

Amazing benefits, amazing people that make you grow, and amazing work. You really feel like what you're doing has an impact on the world.

Cons

It's easy to become a "number" at Google if you don't put yourself out there. You have to be assertive and willing to throw out new ideas. That said, depending on your job role, often that can be harder than it seems.

Advice to Management

I really loved my experience with management. Great mentorship experience and I received a lot of specific feedback about my work and progress.

2. Awesome

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

Pros

Great food, great people. The people are smart and sharp and it was a joy to work with them everyday

Cons

The firm is big, almost too big. it no longer maintains its entreprenurial feel. But they make a good effort

Advice to Management

These are top notch people> they are smart and always willing to help. There is not problem approaching them with questions