Gopher

www.gophersport.com
  www.gophersport.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gopher

Ethical company and well respected in the industry and for its concern for customers BUT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owatonna, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owatonna, MN

I worked at Gopher

Pros

Ethical company that is well positioned and well respected in the industry. Values quality work delivers quality products and service to its customers.

Cons

Employees are often treated like office supplies instead of being treated as valuable resources.

Your intelligence is well respected by your employees. Your people skills are not.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Gopher (View Most Recent)

Welcoming and comforting.

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Gopher full-time (less than an year)

Pros

6 Hours of PTO every other week. Amazing management. Very understanding, and they are so fun and positive people to be around. We have games that they whole company plays with one another every month or so. Also, we have committees that people can join that involves us in the community.

Cons

Nothing. Everything is perfect. The only thing that could be a little upsetting to some people is that sometimes water bottles tend to get stuck in the vending machine. We get our money back though.

The management is the best! I love the supervisors and managers! They are seriously the greatest. No one ever makes anyone seem less than anyone.

All of the people are great! As one of the first engineers in product development, I am definitely not being compensated for what I'm worth to the company.

Current Employee - Product Development in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Product Development in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Gopher full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are all great and very positive!

Extremely relaxed work environment.

Very cool projects of different varieties.

A very successful company who treats their customers very well.

Puts on a lot of fun events for the employees, lots of free food.

Cons

I do not see much opportunity to grow as an individual. Mainly due to being one of the first engineers, there is no experience to draw from.

Management has their hands in more than just managing.

Remember to treat employees as well as your customers.

When hiring employees with specialized degrees, remember to take their advice on things they know about. I know it's sometimes hard to do things differently than the way you are used to, but it is very frustrating as an engineer to prove things won't work backed by science and then being told to try it anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Gopher