Gordmans
www.gordmans.com Omaha, NE 150 to 499 Employees

Strongly dislike this job.

Naperville, IL

I have been working at Gordmans part-time for less than a year

Pros20 percent discount on merchandise that is already pretty cheap, some of the employees are very friendly and helpful.

ConsWhere to even start. When I first got this job I was excited, but that changed after a couple of weeks. First of all the only thing I was trained to do was the register, none of the managers bothered to show me what else I was going to be doing (recovery, go backs, how to sign up a guest for a credit card). I felt like the other sales associates were way more helpful, they actually showed me how to do the things I needed to do. Um isn't that what the managers should be doing? Most of the people here can be really nice and friendly, but some not so much.. A lot of the time I feel like I get attitude from certain people and talked down to. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way because other employees have asked me if I noticed the attitude problems these people have. Not to mention I have to pick up others slack which is frustrating when I already have a million other things to do. My biggest complaint is the scheduling, there is no work-life balance AT ALL. I feel like some people (including me) get taken advantage of when they schedule us to close then start early the next day. Even on my days off I'll get called in. When is there time for myself? When I finally do get a day off I'm too tired to do anything. Unless you want to get taken advantage of for low pay I wouldn't recommend this job, I'm just sticking it out till I find a new one. I only gave this review two stars because of the discount.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually train your employees beyond how to use the register so they know what they're doing, and don't be so obvious with your favoritism.

Definitely will make you hate retail!

Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at Gordmans part-time for more than a year

Pros: Starting pay higher than minimum wage, for some... Cons: scheduling (your shift may say it will end at 9 pm but you may really… Advice to Senior Management: Don't make your employees do the job of two other people just because you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

As a cashier, there needs to be a better job communicating daily changes with procedures.

Cashier (Former Employee)
Fenton, MO

I worked at Gordmans part-time for less than a year

Pros: It can be a fun place to work if you… Cons: Employees and customers can bring you down if you let… Advice to Senior Management: Practice the Pro-active counseling steps....don't spring consequences without going through… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Gordmans.

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gordmans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gordmans CEO Jeffrey J. Gordman. All reviews posted anonymously by Gordmans employees.