Gordon Flesch Company

www.gflesch.com
  www.gflesch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gordon Flesch Company

Poorly treated-No respect for my experience or skills, this is truly a comedy of errors.

Current Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Gordon Flesch Company

Pros

I can't think of many- other than the fact that it's been a learning experience of what not to do in business.

Cons

Focusing on facts--Insurance has been adjusted to cover nothing lacking a huge annual deductable-therefore, not worth the effort. Sales have plummeted-resulting in loss of the only decent employees they had. The idea of catering to only the small upper percent of highest paying customers is destroying the only clients that kept them in business-the volume of smaller customers.I do hope the powers that be look deeper into this melange of the 'new direction' of business before it's too late-the individual driving this program is lacking-if it worked wouldn't every place be doing it?

Not a great idea to try to change a plan that works-as in, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Things are slowly going downhill and it will only get worse from here. Just do a bit of homework and you will see that you really should not put all of your eggs in one basket.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Gordon Flesch Company (View Most Recent)

Fairness in promotions is paramount to employee retention

Former Employee - Digital Service Technician in Geneva, IL
    Former Employee - Digital Service Technician in Geneva, IL

I worked at Gordon Flesch Company

Pros

The health insurance plan, although expensive, is excellent. Beyond my normal copays I never once received a bill for any deductibles. Programs are available to reduce the cost of treatment for Diabetes, Hypertension, and weight loss.

Cons

As a technician there are some very good supervisors but there are also some very bad ones. My experiences in the Geneva, Illinois branch were that supervisor positions are not awarded fairly. The last few supervisor openings were filled with people that were under qualified as well as candidates that did not apply for the position. Also positions were filled without being posted.

Pay close attention to who your supervisors are in the service department. The only reason you are retaining service technicians is because of the lack of growth within your industry. Deviating from the precedent of posting open positions and interviewing for them AND selecting from the candidates based on their experience and job performance is the best way to get quality people in the correct positions. Allowing service managers to fill positions based on the candidate that calls them most often is hardly effective. It also causes dissention among the troops and a general lack of job satisfaction.

The opportunity sounds good but the turn over is great.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative

I have been working at Gordon Flesch Company

Pros

The base salry and training

Cons

Management expects you to at least call on 40 companies per day in person. Commission structure is weak at best and quotas are not easily attainable.

There are newer employer reviews for Gordon Flesch Company