Greatest Decision I ever made in a career

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Family Owned Advancement from all levels of the company Great Benefits & Pay Balance of Home & Work Rewards for Performance

Cons

With our incredible growth we don't see the Gordon Family as much as we would like to

Advice to Management

Other Employee Reviews for Gordon Food Service

1. GFS (Gordon Food Services) Canada was the best company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Reach Truck Operator/Freezer Selector in Milton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Reach Truck Operator/Freezer Selector in Milton, ON (Canada)

Pros

The owners, all family, know every employee by name, including their family members. The owner are not afraid to “rollup” their sleeves and help with the “slugging. Excellent communication between all employees and management. Some of the best warehousing employees one could hope to work side-by-side with. Excellent pay, health benefits, incentive program, and company matched retirement (8%). Brand new material handling equipment. Not afraid to try new ideas to help the employees or improve productivity.

Cons

The only “CONS” I can think of, would be the long hours, the freezer is friggin cold, and you must have a car, as there is no public transportation for the area.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to offer. GFS Canada is and was the absolute best company I have ever worked for in my 25 years of Warehousing.

2. Good Place

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Benefits were great Family Owned Company Pay was average Work life was good

Cons

Did not have much if any input as to who was hired as my assistant managers for the store. I only had one bad experience with this where my new assistant was not a fit and did not work and could not be motivated, but I know of several managers that have said that from day one they knew that their assistant was going to be trouble or was not going to last. Store managers need to be involved in the interview process.