There are newer employer reviews for Gordon Food Service

Loved the people & the place.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lexington, KY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lexington, KY

I worked at Gordon Food Service part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Good management. Loved all of the people I worked with.

Cons

This place can be physically demanding at times.

185 Other Employee Reviews for Gordon Food Service (View Most Recent)

Great Family Owned Company

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Gordon Food Service part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Profit Sharing, Flexible Scheduling, Family Oriented, Make you feel important

Cons

Low Pay, Small Company, Employee Growth

9 years I cannot get back. Values play no role in operations.

Current Employee - Warehouse Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Warehouse Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Gordon Food Service (more than 8 years)

Pros

Profit Sharing - that is it.

Cons

I have made the mistake of being with this company for nearly 9 years. I got my bachelors while working in the warehouse hoping it would help me advance in the company, but unfortunately anyone who has ever worked in the warehouse is considered trash and cannot be intelligent. I have seen rules bent and broken for manager’s friends and family so that they could advance within the company regardless of their work ethic or experience. When I apply for office positions I am asked if I am capable of dressing up to come to work and if I can sit still at my work station all day. During the busy times of the year your personal life is expected to go on hold so you can work non-stop. When the slow periods come around you have to find a way to make ends meet on 20 hours of pitiful pay. They preach the "Cornerstone Values" of people being important and integrity, but it is nothing more than a sales pitch, recruitment tool, and marketing strategy. I have sat in meetings with senior, middle, and junior management and listened to them lie and belittle other people and myself. It has become clear "integrity" and "people are important" are two of their "values" that are only used when it is convenient. Don't make the mistake I did, Avoid this company.

The "Cornerstone Values" are not at practice in the day to day business of the company. Some of the worst examples of these values are managing your company. Learn to invest in your employees future that is the only way people will stay with your company and be proud to be there.

There are newer employer reviews for Gordon Food Service