Gothic Landscape
www.gothiclandscape.com 500 to 999 Employees

If you don't mind getting a divorce, living at work and debauchery on an unprecedented scale...

Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe CEO, Mike Georgio is a likable guy. He acts friendly and caring; I think he really does care about people deep down inside. He is one of the reasons I stayed as long as I did. I liked him.

ConsKey point learned - The ability to manipulate people is more valuable than landscape knowledge at Gothic.
Regarding leadership taking over for Mike Georgio... Jon Georgio appears to be full of himself, sometimes arrogant, also can be manipulative in employee negotiations and does it all with a smile on his face. He's like the silver spoon in his mouth youngest child with a sense of entitlement who is taking over a multi-generational accomplishment built on blood-sweat and tears, which he will summarily run into the ground in spite of his MBA (or perhaps because of it.)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou may be beaten into oblivion by Valleycrest because they know about the importance of field knowledge. Rewarding "used car salesmen" behavior and neglecting field knowledge hurts those who dedicated their lives to achieving it. You make enemies of soon-to-be ex-employees where you don't have to. It then becomes their mission in life to see you fail because of this. The creation of this phenomenon is your own doing and unnecessary.

Quit the open display of morally debased behavior and lifestyle at the highest levels.

Challenging, professional, customer focused organization.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Gothic Landscape full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Highly ethical (in spite of a previous review), solution oriented construction and maintenance contractor. Clear expectations, performance based rewards, and seasoned management and consistent… Cons: Conservative growth goals limits staff promotion opportunities. Severe downturn from… Advice to Senior Management: Empower and trust your managers. Continue to reward performance generously.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gothic Landscape.

Worked for Gothic Landscape? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gothic Landscape reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Gothic Landscape employees.