Gottschalks
www.gottschalks.com Fresno, CA 5000+ Employees

Stores were fun, satisfying work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gottschalks

ProsExcellent associates and managers within the store. Local store was able to be creative with merchandising and display set up.

ConsNo support from corporate. Too many mistakes and last minute ad changes. Often shipped us what they thought we should sell, not what the customer wanted, even when we had explained our customers needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late now. The company is out of business. Overall, it was a very nice company to work for the past nine years. district manager level was receptive and good to work with.

Gottschalks Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fresno, CA

I worked at Gottschalks

Pros: The fact that Gottschalks was a full department store located… Cons: Poor management and lack of growth potential made Gottschalks a sub-par place of employment. The value of… Advice to Senior Management: Superior customer service and quality products are the foundations to a successful company. At one… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Gottschalks- The good and the bad.

Buyer (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at Gottschalks

Pros: Career advancement. One can join with the company at the bottom and… Cons: Salary compensation seems lower than the industry average. Vacation time is constantly being denied for work reasons. Do not expect merit raises in a… Advice to Senior Management: I despise the way department plans are handled. This process needs to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gottschalks.

Worked for Gottschalks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gottschalks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gottschalks CEO Jim Famalette. All reviews posted anonymously by Gottschalks employees.