Gottschalks

www.gottschalks.com
  www.gottschalks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gottschalks

Stores were fun, satisfying work.

I worked at Gottschalks

Pros

Excellent associates and managers within the store. Local store was able to be creative with merchandising and display set up.

Cons

No support from corporate. Too many mistakes and last minute ad changes. Often shipped us what they thought we should sell, not what the customer wanted, even when we had explained our customers needs.

Too late now. The company is out of business. Overall, it was a very nice company to work for the past nine years. district manager level was receptive and good to work with.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Gottschalks (View Most Recent)

Gottschalks Poor Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at Gottschalks

Pros

The fact that Gottschalks was a full department store located in small towns made it a good choice for many employees.

Cons

Poor management and lack of growth potential made Gottschalks a sub-par place of employment. The value of the dollar was more important than customer service or their employees, which was one reason for their failure.

Superior customer service and quality products are the foundations to a successful company. At one time Gottschalks knew this and the company grew and thried. Those who forgot, destroyed the company.

Gottschalks- The good and the bad.

Current Employee - Buyer in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Gottschalks

Pros

Career advancement. One can join with the company at the bottom and work their way to the position of their choice with tenacity and desire.

Cons

Salary compensation seems lower than the industry average. Vacation time is constantly being denied for work reasons. Do not expect merit raises in a given year. The bonuses are set with little regard to reality... turn expectation is unrealistic. Health benefits are extremely pricey, while coverage is going down.

I despise the way department plans are handled. This process needs to be revamped with regard to reality and the frequent revisions are a consuming waste of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Gottschalks