GovDelivery
www.govdelivery.com Saint Paul, MN 50 to 149 Employees

Fast paced, get things done mentality lets you be who you want to be

(Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

Pros* GovDelivery has endless opportunities, but you have to be a self starter; nobody will hold your hand and help you succeed. You're generally told to get something done but it's up to you to figure out the details on how to do it. Some may find that a con, but I think it's a huge pro.
* IT/Technology is viewed upon as a strategic weapon, not a cost center like some other companies I've worked at, and it's great to hear that message from the CEO.
* Plenty of room for career growth at most positions if you're willing to step up and take it
* The Chief Operating Officer is a great leader and he brings an energy that makes the company fun to work at. He also brings great ideas to help improve innovation.
* Generous bonus program
* For only $30 every three months, you can join the "Breakfast Club," where the company will cater in breakfast on Friday morning. It could be a breakfast sandwich, quiche, muffins, French toast, etc, but it's a great perk.
* Company frequently has happy hour in the office and brings in cake, cookies, appetizers, etc for everyone to celebrate and unwind.

Cons* The company is growing so fast that there's always a LOT of work to do, and while nobody tells you that it's required to put in a lot of extra hours, you'll fail if you don't. This can lead to reduced work/life balance.
* Along similar lines, the amount of vacation time you get is small compared to most places
* If you're looking for a laid back, stress-free place, this is not the company for you (personally I'd find that boring...)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, we're clearly on the right track.

Turnover, turnover, turnover, with no consistent direction.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

I worked at GovDelivery full-time for more than a year

Pros: Solid compensation, with good salary and benefits. Flexible schedule. Good company outings (summer family picnic, fall family orchard visit, nice winter/Christmas party). Relatively relaxed office… Cons: People don't stick around. I've never worked anywhere with a higher turnover rate. If a new employee made it a year, they usually stuck around,… Advice to Senior Management: While the idea of not making a "10-year mistake" with a bad employee is great, the high… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Respected, Valued, and Challenged at a Young and Fast-Growing Company.

Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time for less than a year

Pros: Competitive salaries and benefits, great company culture, unique make up of employees, beautiful location and… Cons: Must be a self-starter to make headway (not necessarily a con, but important to note), wide range of ages and backgrounds means… Advice to Senior Management: Continue growth and continue encouraging communication with all employees from the top all the way to the bottom. Display… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GovDelivery.

Worked for GovDelivery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GovDelivery reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GovDelivery CEO Scott Burns. All reviews posted anonymously by GovDelivery employees.