There are newer employer reviews for GovDelivery

Fun like a start-up; stable like a blue-chip.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a technologist I love the diverse set of challenges we face and our willingness to try new things. Intelligent risk-taking is encouraged, and it has resulted in a platform built on exciting technologies that still has plenty of room for growth.

As an employee I love the stability. Do a great job and you will be rewarded and given room to flourish. I have never had cause for concern about turnover or work-life balance. We work hard but we work smart, and we believe in maintaining a sustainable pace.

There are a ton of really bright people working here; there is something to learn (and someone to learn from) everywhere you look, and always someone willing to teach. But be ready - the classroom can be anywhere from pair programming at your desk to a chat over a beer in the breakroom.

Cons

Our niche is hard to explain. We have a great value proposition and a strong, loyal client base; but explaining to a friend exactly what we do sometimes elicits a blank stare.

Stay laser-focused on what we do best.

18 Other Employee Reviews for GovDelivery (View Most Recent)

Great place to work and grow!

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time

Pros

It's a growing company and things move fast, which is part of the allure of a company like this. Your work will have an visible impact and the chances of being lost in the shuffle are rare. There is a lot to do so you're never bored.

Cons

So much to do, so little time. It can become a bit overwhelming at times, but that is really what makes it so exciting at the same time.

Keep moving forward, stay consistent in message and direction.

Poor Leadership and No Accountability

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff is great, the product fills a great niche, but there needs to be more acountability by leadership to reduce the turnover and sudden departure of new hires.

Cons

There is a lack of leadership and integrity within the technology and operations area. Directors and above are not held accountable for their poor leadership skills and if you ask too many questions you are considered a trouble maker. The turnover is high for a company of its size. HR schedules 30, 60, and 90 day reviews to discuss your opinion of your role and your leader, but do not be candid if you are unhappy because you will not see day 91.

Develop integrity

There are newer employer reviews for GovDelivery

Worked for GovDelivery? Contribute to the Community!