Government of Canada
www.canada.ca 5000+ Employees

Canadians really are friendly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Government of Canada full-time

ProsThe Government of Canada offered me a great quality of life with generous leave policies and overtime pay. The government also encourages internal movement and gives the ability to apply for other positions.

ConsIf you work for the Government of Canada abroad as a non-Canadian there are a few implications. Make sure to check on tax implications, because they can add up and in the United States you are not eligible for unemployment if they decide to lay you off. Another implication is that you can only move so far within the system, without citizenship.

Great environment to work

Data Analyst (Former Employee)
Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I worked at Government of Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible hours and challengeable projects Cons: Difficult to get a permanent position Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you can get it, go for it.

Program Manager (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Government of Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros: Ton of opportunities across many job categories. Strong benefits program.… Cons: Some departments operate in a very old fashioned manner. Decisions may not always be based on management expertise but… Advice to Senior Management: Reward top performers through a bonus system. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Government of Canada.

Worked for Government of Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Government of Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Government of Canada CEO David Johnston. All reviews posted anonymously by Government of Canada employees.