There are newer employer reviews for Gracenote

Great experience in a well organized and friendly environment

Former Employee - Content Acquisition in Emeryville, CA
Former Employee - Content Acquisition in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Gracenote part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is very relaxed and friendly, and at the same time the company is very well organized and efficient. It's well located with a fantastic view and if you like music this is definitely your dream place.

Cons

When I was working there, the working space was based on cubicles, which I personally don't like so much, since I prefer more open and share spaces.

Advice to Management

At my time management was always available and friendly, so no much to say.

reviews filtered by

OK

I worked at Gracenote

Pros

cool products, especially if you like movies and music.

Cons

senior management communication with staff was lacking. focus on what was important to the success of the company was lacking. too much going on at once, in conflict with one another.

2. A fun place to work as a start-up back in the day

I worked at Gracenote

Pros

There are some brilliant engineers at Gracenote and some very technically savvy managers. There are still some decent groups like DSP and other assorted engineering groups to work for.

Cons

Gracenote needs to remind itself that it's now SONY and should market that accordingly. It went from a small startup to a huge corporation that has a Japanese business model. Most of the senior management has cleared out. The fairly recent surge of "Johnny Come Lately" types hired there are not team players who have ruined the overall collaborative working environment that Gracenote was originally built upon. Gracenote is not even fifteen years old. That's a short time to be ageist.

Advice to Management

The current president worked hard for his recent promotion and hopefully, he can keep the company running with a positive spin. Beware of working with people calling other folks "dinosaurs" at all costs. What goes around comes around in any case.....