Gracenote

www.gracenote.com
  www.gracenote.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gracenote

Great experience in a well organized and friendly environment

Former Employee - Content Acquisition in Emeryville, CA
Former Employee - Content Acquisition in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Gracenote part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is very relaxed and friendly, and at the same time the company is very well organized and efficient. It's well located with a fantastic view and if you like music this is definitely your dream place.

Cons

When I was working there, the working space was based on cubicles, which I personally don't like so much, since I prefer more open and share spaces.

At my time management was always available and friendly, so no much to say.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Gracenote (View Most Recent)

OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Gracenote

Pros

cool products, especially if you like movies and music.

Cons

senior management communication with staff was lacking. focus on what was important to the success of the company was lacking. too much going on at once, in conflict with one another.

Not a software development shop

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Gracenote

Pros

Liked most of the people I met there, but not so much with the management. In fact, the one manager that I liked abruptly left the company within weeks of my starting. Decor of the remodeled office was nice. Views of surrounding area were nice.

Cons

As a software developer with a long history of developing products, this was the worst possible place to work. It consisted primarily of developing "scripts" and patches to the existing, overly complex, system. There was no sense of code quality, only data quality. All that mattered was that the data in the database was correct (all well and good, mind you). Very much a database-oriented group, not a good place for an applications developer. Never heard of Agile development process, very much a traditional development model. Not at all a technology company. In fact, the state of technology there became very muddled with the introduction of .NET and Informatica, on top of the existing, delicate system (most of which was in PL/SQL, Perl, and Java).

There are newer employer reviews for Gracenote