Gracenote

www.gracenote.com

Gracenote Engineering has improved vastly

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsLeadership has come to Gracenote and made all the difference. Hard work is recognized and Individual growth is promoted. Co-workers are interesting and highly diverse. Most have a real life outside work. Turnover is extremely low.

ConsMiddle management is truly mediocre, ineffective, shows undue favoritism, micro manages. Peter principle alive and well. Salarys are way behind industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementOK to hire managers from outside, don't promote to management just because. Favoritism is the root of mediocracy. You need to address the underlying sexism in the culture. Being a boys club is ultimately a bad business plan.

Good people to work with, but a very stressed environment and too complex systems

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

I worked at Gracenote full-time for more than a year

Pros: The opportunity to work with people from various places and… Cons: High stress environment and a very complex and outdated system is being used here. Management does not give enough importance to updating the system to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Gracenote

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gracenote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: great company with intelligent people to work with Cons: internal communication plitics sometimes gets in the way Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gracenote.

Worked for Gracenote? Contribute to the Community!