There are newer employer reviews for Graco

So much potential wasting away...

I worked at Graco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. vacation never got denied. benefits were good, but before I left it seemed like those were getting ready to go down the drain too.

Cons

When I started working here it seemed like a good place to work... for the first few weeks. It became apparent to me very quickly that I was not going to be able to expand my knowledge base or get recognition for my work while being employed here. I left this company because I was tired of being held back. It's too bad because I really liked the location. The pay is mediocre, and it depends on what position you take. If you are looking at a salaried engineering job you will be under paid and work a lot. If you are someone with no education looking for an unskilled job then this might just be the place to work. .

Advice to Management

Too much to type.

Other Employee Reviews for Graco

Former "long-timer"

Former Employee - WW Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - WW Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Graco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Highly profitable company Challenging work Dedicated employees Great product Good benefits Overall Graco is a good place to work if you are a high skilled and experienced employee who has been "brought up" in the organization. Manufacturing is where the organizational power lies, not a bad thing

Cons

Siloed divisions that are extremely competitive for resources, which can be a good thing. However it stifles best practices. The company runs very lean and budge approvals can be laborious

Advice to Management

Train your people Remember that managers have as much responsibility in speaking the truth

OK if you are white, conservative, male engineer

Former Employee - Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Graco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salaries are decent and there are a lot of really dedicated people. Graco is a leader in many of its markets. The company is dedicated to delivering quality products.

Cons

Very political. The CEO and VPs are old school and it takes a great deal of time to convince them that new technology can help their sales, marketing and support staffs deliver better results for the company. The organization is so lean as to be unable to accomplish tasks in a timely manner. The only people to receive promotions are those that fit in with the (very) old-boy network. Some women have been actively discouraged from even trying to move up in the heirarchy. Many talented women and minorities are leaving. Your future at Graco is totally dependent on who your supervisor is and if he (almost always a he) has the cajones to stand up for you.

Advice to Management

Get with the 20th Century. Promote some women and minorities. Tell the CEO to STOP his barely veiled pro Republican remarks.