There are newer employer reviews for Graeters

Easy.

I worked at Graeters

Pros

Free ice cream and a very relaxing place to work. New flavors every month and I always enjoyed working there.

Cons

Too cold. Upper management was distant and not interested. Did not want to take any new ideas on advertising schemes.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Graeters (View Most Recent)

A good first job for a HS student

I worked at Graeters

Pros

I had a great manager who was very flexible with me and hired the correct coworkers for the job. He treated us with a lot of respect and had a good grasp of how to handle kids who were just entering the workforce there. He was a big reason why I stayed there as long as I did.

Also got to eat all the ice cream I wanted on shift, and the stuff is expensive!

Cons

If you are sick, you are expected to find a replacement as they rarely schedule people to be on-call.

The job is for High School/College students only - the employee age range is 16-21. At times I would be around immature High Schoolers and inevitable associated "drama" with some of them. They usually disappear though. Turnover was somewhat high because there was no opportunity for promotion.

It's minimum wage. Fortunately you got the best ice cream in existence to eat.

The biggest con though is the unpredictability of business days because, after all, it is an ice cream business. This is especially true in the Autumn when more often than not, you are understaffed on busy days.

Happy employees are productive employees - you're doing a lot of things right. Create opportunities for students to advance into other aspects of the business.

Good Job while in school

Former Employee - Ice Cream Scooper
    Former Employee - Ice Cream Scooper

I worked at Graeters

Pros

Good people to work with, young atmosphere, free samples of the ice cream and food, good tips when you work nights that are busy.

Cons

Exhausting when it gets busy, some workers are too young and unmotivated, when it is slow there can be trouble finding things to do.

Train employees in all aspects of the business so that they can help out when things get busy. Too often managers are unavailable when things need to get done or decisions made.

There are newer employer reviews for Graeters

Worked for Graeters? Contribute to the Community!