Small time Company disinterested board

I have been working at GrafTech International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have a job that pays about 80% of the industry average.

Cons

Every one reports within a silo of function and information. IT systems for reporting are non existant. Senior management is extremely self serving with absolutely no long term plan except to figure out ways to pay themselves at the expense of shareholders and employees.R&D is not connected to the business plans and is way too small to support growth.

Advice to Management

Get a board that is experienced enough to create a succession plan and get rid of the existing CEO

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Frightening

I have been working at GrafTech International

Pros

They pay in USD and speak english...sometime.

Cons

Everything else. Unfortunately, there are no signs of intelligent life in this organization. They are no business or financial systems to manage with, no strategic plan, no sustainable operations network or selling process. Its an organization run by R&D and accountants with no business experience.

Advice to Management

Business classes....

My time there helped to destroy my excellent past reputation and pushed me out of my profession.

I worked at GrafTech International

Pros

The pay and bonuses were good and the technical staff is conscientious and a pleasure to work with. The work is challenging and interesting.

Cons

Benefits are horrible for a company of this size. Some members of management are not to be trusted under any circumstances. Employees are not treated with respect by some levels of management. Recognition and appreciation are hard to come by at some technical levels. When pictures are taken to honor groups for achievement it looks more like a roundup of the "usual suspects". Sometimes technical staff that helped to develop products are not even invited.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to take a closer look at the way lower level managers operate and not just give them a pass because they make good yes men. Let employees share in the company success in a more equitable manner than bonuses that are controlled by "manager's disgression". Change the attitude that, "If good things happen it's because of great management - If bad things happen it's the rank and file employees fault."