GrafTech International
www.graftech.com Parma, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good place to work

Director (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

ProsDay to day work was challenging, with new projects and business areas providing ample opportunities for significant contributions and recognition. Management supportive of work/life balance.

ConsBenefits (retirement, health care) were slashed as the company struggled a number of years ago, in spite of management promises to maintain these for established employees and retirees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is not just decision-making. It is also about your employees knowing that they will be treated at least as well as investors. Respect. Honesty. Commitment.

GTI Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GrafTech International for more than 5 years

Pros: If you have a corporate role you will have a fair amount of international networking, my advice… Cons: Poor middle management, mostly conformed by unqualified people, there are very few managers who really stand up for their subordinates or have the minimum leadership… Advice to Senior Management: Renew your top management, allow talented people with fresh ideas… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Small time Company disinterested board

I have been working at GrafTech International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I have a job that pays about 80% of the… Cons: Every one reports within a silo of function and information. IT systems for reporting are non existant. Senior management is extremely self serving with absolutely… Advice to Senior Management: Get a board that is experienced enough to create a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GrafTech International.

Worked for GrafTech International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GrafTech International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GrafTech International CEO Joel L. Hawthorne. All reviews posted anonymously by GrafTech International employees.