Grand Canyon University
www.gcu.edu Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Tolerable but diminishing outlook

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Grand Canyon University

ProsYou can earn a degree for free tuition

ConsUnorthodox management that changes on a quarterly basis. During my employment, I have been asked to move to 5 different managers and sections of the call center. Despite my high production, leadership still treats me like a piece of meat. The Arizona Republic article on the 29th revealed some issues that the Department of Education is looking at. Do not be surprised if GCU online status becomes provisional and financial aid access is denied.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the boiler room environment that exists within the call centers in Peoria and Tempe. Do not be surprised if the internal union organizer is successful in the establishment of a shop steward to address the multiple issues that exist among the call center employees.

All about numbers

Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at Grand Canyon University

Pros: School is growing. Nothing else, really. Cons: Pushy, dishonest, unethical, and poor enrollment process. Phone interviews are… Advice to Senior Management: Enrollment quotas and threats for not hitting them cause a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Incompetent Training Staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Grand Canyon University

Pros: Free Education, Free Education, Free Education, nice co-workers Cons: The blind leading the blind. Unprofessional work environment Advice to Senior Management: Really look at the people in charge, they are very… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Grand Canyon University.

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grand Canyon University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Grand Canyon University CEO Brian Mueller. All reviews posted anonymously by Grand Canyon University employees.