Lots of ups and downs, but most recently:stressful, micromanagement, &unrealistic expectations within the current market

I have been working at Grand Canyon University

Pros

The salary is good, but considering the hours you will work, along with the stress, it will definitely be a compromise in quality of life for the pay. The health insurance benefits are great, and free tuition is offered for employee and family. Working in the field and helping others is rewarding.

Cons

GCU is now facing more and more competition, and struggling to remain relevant in the nationwide online education market. Struggling efforts to meet goals are resulting in micromanagement

If you don't focus on the university's reputation, by doing things in the best interest of your students, your current enrollment may be your last. Get your programs right, tell your students what to expect from the start, and don't mess up their accounts and financial aid.

Other Reviews for Grand Canyon University

100% Tuition paid

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor
    Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor

I have been working at Grand Canyon University

Pros

Division II university, long standing history, will withstand the tide of scruitiny in the proprietary education arena

Cons

Hire too many UOP failures.

Invest in veterans preference, army recruiters make the best enrollment counselors

Tolerable but diminishing outlook

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor

I have been working at Grand Canyon University

Pros

You can earn a degree for free tuition

Cons

Unorthodox management that changes on a quarterly basis. During my employment, I have been asked to move to 5 different managers and sections of the call center. Despite my high production, leadership still treats me like a piece of meat. The Arizona Republic article on the 29th revealed some issues that the Department of Education is looking at. Do not be surprised if GCU online status becomes provisional and financial aid access is denied.

Eliminate the boiler room environment that exists within the call centers in Peoria and Tempe. Do not be surprised if the internal union organizer is successful in the establishment of a shop steward to address the multiple issues that exist among the call center employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University.

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!