Grand Canyon University
www.gcu.edu Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

If pay is all that matters to you, stay, but only if you can meet their requirements.

Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at Grand Canyon University

ProsDecent health insurance, free tuition paid for Bachelor's and Master's degrees which also extends to your spouse and I believe children of age.

ConsLack of communication - the training is terrible if this is your first admissions/enrollment job. In my training, they concentrated more on the computer system than on the actual degrees and how you deal with students. Very low morale. Management plays favorites ALL the time. I think leads (students) are manipulated in such a way that only the best Enrollment Counselors (ECs) get the good leads. They recycle leads (students). So when you first get out on the floor, they give you a bunch of recycled leads. People who might have expressed an interest in the school say 2-5 years ago and who CLEARLY are no longer interested. But they do this all of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou claim to be leaders, so LEAD!!! Train the financial counselors how to do their jobs instead of making the students want to leave/drop out because the financial counselors didn't give them correct information or were simply just rude. Train your employees. Don't have them just meet in a large room. Provide ongoing and UPDATED training materials. Degree programs should have more information relevant to the types of jobs people can get from obtaining their degree from GCU. Stop regionalizing and let everyone have their fair share and chance of getting students. In other words, don't just have an Arizona team that gets to enroll all the Arizonans.

Unsure of the future of Grand Canyon University...

Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at Grand Canyon University

Pros: -Salary for a enrollment counselor is between 40-50K depending on experience. -Free Tuition on Bachelor and Master degrees. Doctorates have 75% free tuition. All through GCU… Cons: -Enrollment Counselor positions are sales positions with quotas. In the interviews and in training they say it's not sales...it's funny though, because when you log… Advice to Senior Management: There's no advice to give, it's just survival of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is a stepping stone to a better option.

I have been working at Grand Canyon University

Pros: Great benefits and full tuition discounts Cons: They like to promote externally. Low recognition. Industry regulations make… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within, you will have less turnover and proud… More

There are newer reviews on Grand Canyon University.

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grand Canyon University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Grand Canyon University CEO Brian Mueller. All reviews posted anonymously by Grand Canyon University employees.