Grand Canyon University

www.gcu.edu

Inconsistent with approach to desired employee job goals and employee performance

Enrollment Counselor, Internet (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe pay is relatively good for this position. The best benefits are the educational benefits. I and one other family member may attend school for just the cost of their books and lab fees. Tuition is pd for in full.

ConsExpectations often conflicted between the manager, regional director and Vice president of the college I was in. I often did not know who wanted what and it appeared once one had a target placed on one's back, there was really no way of maintaining the position and staying on, no matter what one tried to do. Very high dismissal rate, as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure to align your goals and expectations with the VP in charge of the college, as without clarification and consistency, it is difficult to dance different dances for each manager in charge.

Company Grew too quickly and lost site of # resource - its employees

Inside Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Grand Canyon University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: In the beginning they paid very well. Maybe even too much. There was flexibility… Cons: Grew too big and lost site of students and employees. No trust in its employees and management. Too big of a separation between academia… Advice to Senior Management: Hire the right people in the first place and put the trust in them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience at GCU is postive in the sense of work enviroment and support

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University

Pros: good place to work fun enviroment, good benefits, and pretty… Cons: Changes in organizational structure and processes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Grand Canyon University.

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!