Grand Canyon University

www.gcu.edu
  www.gcu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University - A great opportunity to impact a student life positively!

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Positive work environment
2. Diversity is evident everywhere
3. Professional people
4. Dedication to Student Services

Cons

1. Management has not learned to communicate the vision and mission effectively
2. Pressure to enroll students sometimes clouds the real reason for promoting Higher Education

1. Engage the enrollment staff with the intention to make Student Services better.
2. Enrollment and Marketing needs to be connected for the sole purpose of making Student Services better.

150 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University (View Most Recent)

Love GCU but RDO for Super Team 7 tacky , unprofessional

Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Grand Canyon University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Team Morale within in Enrollment, Academics and Finance Great! ECM's were great to work for.The
    Benefits excellent.

Cons

Current RDO on super team 7, very unprofessional in how she communicates with her enrollment counselors, she is very tacky in how she carries herself on the floor, and behavior.she is unapporachable due to her body language. Doesnt understand that value of effective communication. Denies promotion from within. She has no open door policy. EC's are unhappy on SuperTeam 7

Upper Management needs to speak on a individual base with each EC on super team 7 in order for it to feel like open door policy exist and to truly get a clear view point as to what is going on

Christian for students, NOT employees

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are good benefits and decent pay

Cons

For enrollment counselors, there is no opportunity to grow, and in most cases people are fighting to keep their job. This company has the worst training I have experienced at any previous employer, so employees are extremely ill-prepared. In my experience, I did not see one person promoted in the 14 months I have been with the company. In those months I saw 15 employees, on my team alone, either quit or get fired due to numbers. This company touts that they are a Christian school; however, do not treat their employees with any dignity or respect.

Stop churning through employees, realize that the business is flawed, and do something to better prepare employees instead of forking out endless amounts of money training new ones that are also destined to fail like their predecessors.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University