There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

Excellent University/Company to work for

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers, compensation is very good for the job and has increased steadily over the past few years, absolutely excellent benefits (free tuition assistance, large amount of PTO/sick days, I literally pay about $15/paycheck for health benefits HSA/High Deductible plan, 401k matching). I love the fact that I don't take anything home with me, when I clock out I'm done! The education people are getting really will help them go to new levels in life. The vision and mission of GCU is excellent. GCU is growing rapidly in a time when its competitors are tanking. We're starting to gain a national reputation as a highly credible university while being 'For Profit' which is really excellent in my view. (Solid, affordable, private education in high-need areas; low default rates on student loans, profits for investors, and high levels of taxes paid to local, state, and federal governments while state universities are a drain on tax dollars.)

Cons

Every job will rise or fall with management. If you have a good manager, you will have a great experience and the opposite with a bad manager. The job can be very stressful at times because it is sales/customer service all rolled into one but it has great payoffs if you can really connect with the students and your co-workers. Because of the need to grow so quickly some employees are not only not in line with the Vision and Mission of the organization but are antagonistic about it.

Foster a friendly/fun environment rather than focusing only on business. Be intentional about developing employees interested in moving up and provide more training. Consistency is key - as a lower level employee we want to not only feel as though we're a valuable part of the team (we do) but we also want to feel like we have job security and potential to develop/move up.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University (View Most Recent)

Overall, I good experience

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall, GCU is a good company to work for. The free tuition benefit was the primary reason that I worked there. Great job if you are going to school and do not have plans to build a career there. Good benefits.

Cons

I had problems with the fact that it is difficult to move up. Also, the hard workers got paid the same as those who were not as diligent. No fairness in the evaluation process. You get written up for issues unrelated to the requirements of the job.

Find some way to increase salary faster based on performance and enrollment numbers.

Blind, dumb, ignorant and prejudice people! Fake Christians!

I worked at Grand Canyon University full-time

Pros

A job! Laughing. Not much else. Pay!

Cons

If you work there, you should find out. Narcissistic, ignorant undesirables were there!

Close the school unless you'd do right!

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!