There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

It's fine for now

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The tuition is free and for a school with an online program, it's actually really competitive compared to other schools with online programs. The systems are better and more user friendly, there are full time teachers, and the programs are legit making it easy to talk to students without feeling scummy like I would if I worked at UOP.

Cons

Everything is about who you know so if you want a promotion, you better already be friend with whoever is making the decision and you will know if you got the job before you even applied.

There's different advice to different management... cause they all do differen things... I guess figure out a way to treat everyone fairly and be consistent so that a person's career success isn't based on the luck of the draw as to who they got as a manager.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University (View Most Recent)

Taking advantage of low income poeple to get federal financial aid

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benifits, they will pay for your entire Bachelor degree or Master degree and a portion of your docterate. The negitive out-weigh the positives to me.

Cons

FYI... this is a sales position...The main issue that I have with GCU is their lack of support from management and the horribly negative work environment. This school, along with any other school that’s main focus are their online program (for-profit universities), whole goal is to take advantage of undereducated, low income people and use their goals and emotions against them to guilt them into going to school.

They also boast this whole Christian University thing, but really, they only use to that convince the poor people that believe in God that giving them money is somehting nobel. The enviornment is anyhting but a Christian enviornment and the morals of the university and what they make their employees do is far from Christian.

Learn your jobs, learn your employees jobs, dont hire team managers that dont know anyhting about this job, hire within the company, dont be so eager to fire people for low preformance.

employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay ok for not having a degree, good benefits, school is growing so could lead to other opportunities

Cons

bad upper management, no consistency among other counselors, bad students who dont care about school and get money and leave

get new management

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!