Grand Canyon University

www.gcu.edu

It's fine for now

Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe tuition is free and for a school with an online program, it's actually really competitive compared to other schools with online programs. The systems are better and more user friendly, there are full time teachers, and the programs are legit making it easy to talk to students without feeling scummy like I would if I worked at UOP.

ConsEverything is about who you know so if you want a promotion, you better already be friend with whoever is making the decision and you will know if you got the job before you even applied.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's different advice to different management... cause they all do differen things... I guess figure out a way to treat everyone fairly and be consistent so that a person's career success isn't based on the luck of the draw as to who they got as a manager.

Taking advantage of low income poeple to get federal financial aid

Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for less than a year

Pros: Benifits, they will pay for your entire Bachelor degree or Master degree and… Cons: FYI... this is a sales position...The main issue that I have with GCU is their lack of support from management and the horribly negative work… Advice to Senior Management: Learn your jobs, learn your employees jobs, dont hire team managers that dont know anyhting about… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time for more than a year

Pros: pay ok for not having a degree, good benefits, school… Cons: bad upper management, no consistency among other counselors, bad students… Advice to Senior Management: get new management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Grand Canyon University.

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!