Grand Canyon University

www.gcu.edu
  www.gcu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

I gained a lot of experience as an entry level employee.

Former Employee - Call Center Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Call Center Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Grand Canyon University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are great benefits, salary, and people to work with. The culture is vibrant and growing. There are opportunities to stand out in the fast paced environment. The management and administration demonstrates their appreciation for hard work and commitment.

Cons

There are not a lot of opportunities to promote from within. It is easy to get caught up in performance statistics and the changing policies. There is lacking room for flexibility in adjusting to the customers' needs. If there were more room for flexibility and the policies weren't so strict, there would definitely be more of a loyal consumer base.

Qualify assurance could definitely use some work. It's the 21st Century, and the performance statistics are important, but superior customer service is what consumers are looking for. In order to take this organization to the next level, you need to move away from the strict policies and allow the employees to genuinely serve your customers without worrying about meeting a certain quota everyday.

150 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University (View Most Recent)

Bad Management and Lack of Support

Former Employee - University Development Representative
    Former Employee - University Development Representative

I worked at Grand Canyon University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They do provide great pay and tools to help you succeed in position. The back office support was great. If I needed marketing materials for events it was immediately provided. The faculty and student support is also great.

Cons

Terrible management, it makes all the difference in my particular position. Once you start very minimal support in the field and corporate training I received didn't really pertain to the position. At times I felt the Manager didn't even know what they were doing and I needed help from others in the feild. I should have reviewed the position longer and took notice to the salary advertisement. Also right after my training a new class was about to start a week later, which tells you something about turnover.

The management is the last to go, invest more into coaching and hiring the right management talent.

Current employee- Enrollement - Online College of Theology. nothing but a sales job

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

many, many company perks. plenty of PTO- they will give you "lopes time off"/paid time - to go to the campus and support the sports teams. the give out alot of freebies to their employees and generally (company-speaking) try to make their employees happy

Cons

the enrollment is 100% a sales job. it is not about doing what is best for the student or seeing if their program is a good fit for what the student wants to do. I have worked at a few different online colleges and have never felt so much pressure to "enroll" to meet my monthly quota. keep in mind, I am about to be walked out for not meeting my monthly "expectations" for enrollment numbers - so my view is pretty negative right now. I am a single mother of a young child and really hate being thrown into the unemployment line again. I did all that I could do to speak to as many people as possible. I have had the highest number of dials and talk time for months- but I refuse to force somebody into a school debt that they are not yet prepared for. I requested to switch to a different division where I have more experience in, and was denied. I requested to have additional training in my college I enroll for to help me to see the benefits of this specific degree- and was denied. I have done everything on my part to be successful- other than lying to get a student to start ASAP to meet "my numbers". I transfer at least 3-6 people a week to College of business, Education, or healthcare because those programs would be a better fit for the student's goals- but I get no credit for those students because I can ONLY enroll for College of Theology

I feel as though I was lied to. I was hired on with the understanding that you put your people and your students first. I was told in training that it was OK to say no- and that we are supposed to give 100% clarity during our enrollment process- to be "transparent" with our students. I have done this- they have made the decision that Christian studies was not for them- and I am being punished for it. I don't feel that is right.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University