Grand Canyon University

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University

Awesome Experience!

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Grand Canyon University as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Students and staff are polite, respectful, and caring. Whole atmosphere is positive and very little stress. Hybrid approach (coursework on computer but students attend class) is very nice and makes teaching easier. The curriculum was already set up for me, which was nice, but I was encouraged to add my own information to it, which was even nicer. Had complete freedom to teach in any manner I chose within the framework I was given. LOTS of professional development opportunities. Collaborative environment. The absolute best students and the best teaching job I have EVER had.

Cons

Most instructors are adjunct so there is very little opportunity to work full time.

Provide more full time, permanent opportunities for the better adjunct faculty members. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Canyon University (View Most Recent)

Not very professional

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Grand Canyon University (less than an year)

Pros

The students as a whole were very motivated. There online format was not user friendly.

Cons

I came as a fairly new adjunct. The mentor assigned to me was disrespectful and not pleasant to work with. The pay is low; poor mentoring; communication poor; feedback poor. The culture was negative.

Improve mentoring

I love GCU, however sometimes I feel that I am just a piece of a machine rather than a valued person.

Pros

A beautiful, ever-changing work environment (Phoenix campus).

Cons

Little room for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Canyon University