There are newer employer reviews for Grand Circle

I liked it a real lot

Former Employee - Travel Agent  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Travel Agent in Boston, MA

I worked at Grand Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendlyemployees and a great product.

Cons

Too soft on selling. Weird Corp. culture.

Carry on with your plan

49 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Circle (View Most Recent)

Horrible experience.

Current Employee - Traveler Support Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Traveler Support Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Grand Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Travel perks, people who work there are generally cool. Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Worst job I have ever had. I would rather clean toilets as a janitor as I did one summer. Expectations are extremely high, even when you are performing well it is never enough and you will be loaded with lots of responsibility and no support. Values at this company are the most annoying part of the job. You are given raises on how much you can rat out other employees or pretend to speak up to management.

You are told from day one that they encourage open and courageous communication, they just say that to make you feel good, and very rarely listen to any of the call center associates.

Meetings are useless and then you have to rate the meeting on a scale of 1-5 and no 3's. It might not sound obnoxious but everything about this company is immature. I felt like I was in highschool. If you are ever stepping outside the micromanaged atmosphere you will be threatened with termination and then.....terminated.

My peice of advice...If you have no other options, you should apply. If you are young, unsure of your career, or can find something 14.00/hr+ find a different job.

There is a reason they have a add for employees in the metro newspaper for the last year. 114% turnover in the call center last year. Average call center is 50%. They do mass lay offs each year. Recently fired a lady who was in the call center for 8 years after she was given a near impossible goal to meet. She came with 1% of the goal and then was fired. No loyalty to employees.

Grow up with culture, invest in tech, don't time us for bathroom breaks.

One messed up company

Former Employee - Traveler Support Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Traveler Support Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Grand Circle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only real benefit is the discounted travel. They have employee deals quarterly and give you $500 to put towards it.

Cons

This is the worst company you could work for. They thrive on "culture". The culture is calling people out (open and courageous) and you have to just take it and say thank you for the feed back. WHAT? and if you choose to defend yourself you are not taking the feedback. You have KRA's. Some of the KRA's are based on the supervisor. If the sup likes you, then you are golden. If the sup does not like you they can make you the low man on the totem pole. You also have performance based KRA's so how well you do your work. That is great until you get surveys. They send out surveys to people who call in. The surveys are so messed up. You could be great on the call the person could say that the experience was below average. If you get too many of these that are below 90% (yes you had to have a perfect on every one basically) you get put on a plan. You then have a certain timeframe to keep it above the certain amount or the would fire you. This company would hire 18 people and then next day fire 20. I saw it happen 4 times while I was there. I was only employed for two and a half years. They cancel trips and overbook and say it is industry standard. Im sorry you do not overbook dates by 7 people or cabins. The CEO of the company is crazy! He stand on tables and dances during the monthly meetings. He has screwed his brother over so bad it is not even funny. (google it). You can not even move on to other positions with in the company. They hired a bunch of new people in P&C that they are screwing the employees over and the CEO is too blind to see that. They make you sign a document when you first start that states you will work when they need to. Well when something in the world happens they can make you stay late. YES they have MANDATORY OVERTIME. Because the call center are not 40 hours a week they make you come in early or stay late.

realize your associates are not happy. You can keep making new jobs with in the call center, but you do not give them a raise. You make it so difficult to move on in the company. You say you are about hearing feedback, but you just use it against your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Circle

Worked for Grand Circle? Contribute to the Community!