There are newer employer reviews for Grand Lux Cafe

I learned a lot about myself and how hard I can really work!

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager
Former Employee - Kitchen Manager

I worked at Grand Lux Cafe

Pros

Great insurance and rewarding if you actually care about your job. Opportunity's to grow for the right people. If you like to work and you don't have a family then you will do well here and you can move up very quick if your confident and know what your doing.

Cons

You will work your butt off and there is no focus on quality of life. The restaurant is very large and you will be one of at least 3 to 6 other kitchen managers, so least to say there a lot of other managers they may or may not work very hard!

Advice to Management

Make sure that all the Manager's have some sort of a life! Also make sure all Manager's learn at least basic Spanish.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Server

I worked at Grand Lux Cafe

Pros

It was a great and friendly atmosphere to work at. Made decent money there and made a lot of great friends.

Cons

It is a tedious and intense training program.

Advice to Management

None

2. Grand Lux Cafe

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Chicago, IL

I worked at Grand Lux Cafe

Pros

Can make some money after the initial starting period. Little side work. Busy. Some of the product is excellent. Surroundings are nice.

Cons

Very corporate. Very, very corporate. Heavy reliance on secret shoppers. Difficult to start. Not much of a chance to get your legs under you.The menu is so big it's silly. Very weird environment.

Advice to Management

Give employees more support and don't be at the POS yelling at them to run food when they are trying to make sure their order is correct.