Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

www.gpisd.org

Great job for mother's of school age children!

Current Employee - Child Nutrition Manager  in  Grand Prairie, TX
Current Employee - Child Nutrition Manager in Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

The hours are excellent. I work Monday thru Friday,5:45am until 2:15pm. I have my evenings and weekends off to spend with my family. Also, we get paid holidays, and Summers off. I'm off a week at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas and one week off in the Spring. This is the perfect job for mother's of school age children. You will have the same days off as them. You can work anywhere from 4-8 hours a day and still get all the benefits of a full time employee. The only negative thing I can thinl of is that you don't get paid in the Summer while you are off work. I always set aside $500 a month during the school year to cover my bills during the Summer. It works for me.

Cons

No pay during the Summer months off.

Stop being so nosey when we ask for a personal day off. It's PERSONAL!!! None of your business!

Other reviews for Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

Growing pains

Pros

Lots of professional development opportunities and room for growth as a professional. Admin has great ideas for competitive edge. Pay is good

Cons

CSCOPE! Micromanaging. District plays favorites with schools, and it shows. Schools are way too crowded.

Get rid of CSCOPE and let teachers teach. Do something about the overcrowding. Pay attention to your struggling schools up north.

Toxic environment, dominated by rude administration

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

Working with children on a daily basis, watching them grow and develop as human beings.

Cons

No job security. Toxic environment. Politics control everything. Always feeling like you will be fired for any small mishap. The facilitators sit in their office all day eating and avoiding parent emails and phone calls. A lot of the facilitators responsibilities are given to supervisors due to pure laziness.

Respond to parent communications. Make the staff feel like you support them. Hire people that are qualified to do the job well, not just because you know them.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

Worked for Grand Prairie Independent Schools District? Contribute to the Community!