Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

www.grandstrandmed.com
  www.grandstrandmed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Not an enjoyable work experience at all

Former Employee - CNA in Myrtle Beach, SC
Former Employee - CNA in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are really good, can not say that about anything else

Cons

Lazy nurses, charge nurses only care about the nurses and could careless about the CNA's or other support staff. Nurses are rude and lack respect for CNA's. Not enough compensation for the amount of work a CNA has to do.

Listen to your employees more and do not automatically take sides based on someone having a higher job title.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Grand Strand Regional Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Worst work experience ever!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Up to date equipment, nice rooms.

Cons

Absolutely no team work.
    I was told I would be working every other weekend during interview. Once completed orientation, I worked sometimes three weekends in a row. I wasn't told about mandatory over time until my last day of orientation. Employees that have worked there longer can adjust the work assignments to their needs. Current nurse's drive away new nurses. Pay grade is extremely low for the amount of work required. Always short staff! Not a very clean place at all. Most medical staff don't wash their hands in between patient care! Constant plumbing problem. I understand we all need a job, however, I recommend waiting on another job to come through before accepting a position with gsrc. I would wait for upper management to clean out middle management. You will get nothing but lies from the time you enter the door for an interview. Job hunters, new grads, beware!

Get rid of your department directors and department managers

Underpaid and understaffed

Current Employee - Lab Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Lab Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a full time job.

Cons

Work load increases but salary and number if workers stay the same. Lab is so understaffed and needs organization. Looks like dinosaur age.

Pay your lab employees and listen to the needs and concerns. Stop looking at the "numbers" which means money in HCA hands and no concern for employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Grand Strand Regional Medical Center