Granite

There are newer employer reviews for Granite

A One-Way path to No Where! Granite Wind Segment

Current Employee - Technical Advisor- Wind Install in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Technical Advisor- Wind Install in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Granite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company had fair training, good travel opportunities, and reasonable pay. Granite is horrible to deal with in between projects, but once your on a GE site; it is quite pleasant, and I enjoyed my work.

Cons

No clue in the HR department of what talent they have. They don't know a good worker from bad! Classic Nepotism, "Good Ole' Boy" Network. If your not included in it, you might be out of work for 8 months. No job advancement, if your hired for a certain position, you may have a chance at a lead position, and nothing further! If you have any problems to be solved (computer issues, insurance, 401k, etc) good luck, your service manager NEVER gets back to you, along with the staff at Tampa! I could go on for hours about the issues of this company!

I would eradicate all the inept, middle managers, especially the service managers from the wind segment! I would get back to the tradition of when it was Penpower, and hire the best talent who could do the job the quickest and best. Hiring people off the street MUST stop. There were some of my colleagues who could barely speak interpretable English.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Granite (View Most Recent)

Wind Turbine Commissioner That's Not Advancing

Current Employee - Field Comissioner
    Current Employee - Field Comissioner

I have been working at Granite as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Good Benefits, Great Building block

Cons

Only a job not a career and management will prevent you from crossing into other fields.

Allow your employees to grow otherwise they'll leave and you'll have lost experience that you've help build. GE Training cost money.

Good starting point

I have been working at Granite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of paid down time during the summer and winter months. Good place to start for new graduates as well as former military personnel. GE is quite accessible for other opportunities from within. Pay is okay, lots of overtime. Benefits are solid, a tad expensive though.

Cons

A lot of time away from home for field employees. Bureaucracy gets in the way sometimes, can be rather frustrating.

There are newer employer reviews for Granite