Granite

www.gsinc.com
  www.gsinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Granite

A roller coaster

I worked at Granite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are better than most other staffing companies.
If you have no real skills, do not know how to get along with people, like to take credit for other employees’ suggestions, ideas and work you have found the ideal company to work in. Promotions and job rotations are endless for you.
If you know anyone in middle/upper management and they like you, your future is very promising regardless of your background, training or ability to perform.
One additional benefit , if you follow suggestions, orders or are willing to do whatever is directed by your manager(s) without any of your own thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas, or concern for any other employees you have a job for life.

Cons

No company is perfect. We all strive to be happily and gainfully work however it appears ALL of the most imperfect people at those imperfect companies are hired as supervisors, managers and especially directors at Granite.
Very little or no career path except to the "good old boy system" or friends recommend by upper management---regardless if they have the basic skills for the job or not.

Do not listen to any current employees, former employees or customer comments. Keep doing the same things and do not change as it is working for you.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Granite (View Most Recent)

A One-Way path to No Where! Granite Wind Segment

Current Employee - Technical Advisor- Wind Install in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor- Wind Install in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Granite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company had fair training, good travel opportunities, and reasonable pay. Granite is horrible to deal with in between projects, but once your on a GE site; it is quite pleasant, and I enjoyed my work.

Cons

No clue in the HR department of what talent they have. They don't know a good worker from bad! Classic Nepotism, "Good Ole' Boy" Network. If your not included in it, you might be out of work for 8 months. No job advancement, if your hired for a certain position, you may have a chance at a lead position, and nothing further! If you have any problems to be solved (computer issues, insurance, 401k, etc) good luck, your service manager NEVER gets back to you, along with the staff at Tampa! I could go on for hours about the issues of this company!

I would eradicate all the inept, middle managers, especially the service managers from the wind segment! I would get back to the tradition of when it was Penpower, and hire the best talent who could do the job the quickest and best. Hiring people off the street MUST stop. There were some of my colleagues who could barely speak interpretable English.

Wind Turbine Commissioner That's Not Advancing

Current Employee - Field Comissioner
    Current Employee - Field Comissioner

I have been working at Granite as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Good Benefits, Great Building block

Cons

Only a job not a career and management will prevent you from crossing into other fields.

Allow your employees to grow otherwise they'll leave and you'll have lost experience that you've help build. GE Training cost money.

There are newer employer reviews for Granite