Granite Services
www.gsinc.com Tampa, FL 5000+ Employees

A roller coaster

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are better than most other staffing companies.
If you have no real skills, do not know how to get along with people, like to take credit for other employees’ suggestions, ideas and work you have found the ideal company to work in. Promotions and job rotations are endless for you.
If you know anyone in middle/upper management and they like you, your future is very promising regardless of your background, training or ability to perform.
One additional benefit , if you follow suggestions, orders or are willing to do whatever is directed by your manager(s) without any of your own thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas, or concern for any other employees you have a job for life.

ConsNo company is perfect. We all strive to be happily and gainfully work however it appears ALL of the most imperfect people at those imperfect companies are hired as supervisors, managers and especially directors at Granite.
Very little or no career path except to the "good old boy system" or friends recommend by upper management---regardless if they have the basic skills for the job or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not listen to any current employees, former employees or customer comments. Keep doing the same things and do not change as it is working for you.

A One-Way path to No Where! Granite Wind Segment

Technical Advisor- Wind Install (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at Granite Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The company had fair training, good travel opportunities, and reasonable pay. Granite is horrible to deal with… Cons: No clue in the HR department of what talent they have. They don't know a good worker from bad! Classic Nepotism, "Good Ole' Boy"… Advice to Senior Management: I would eradicate all the inept, middle managers, especially the service managers from the wind segment! I would get back to the tradition of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wind Turbine Commissioner That's Not Advancing

Field Comissioner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Granite Services as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros: Competitive Pay, Good Benefits, Great Building block Cons: Only a job not a career and management will prevent… Advice to Senior Management: Allow your employees to grow otherwise they'll leave and you'll… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Granite Services.

Worked for Granite Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Granite Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Granite Services CEO Randy Willis. All reviews posted anonymously by Granite Services employees.