Grant Thornton, LLP
www.gt.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Pay and benefits keep eroding

Manager (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I worked at Grant Thornton, LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome good people work there

ConsFirst the tuition assistance program was cut a couple months ago. Then they messed with the 401k. Raises don't cover inflation even if you do a good job. Performance management keeps changing and different bosses have different interpretations. Few people get any bonuses. Company insults employees intelligence by making them aware of "revised" benefits via jargon filled emails. Bottom line is that after 4 years, I made less instead of more. That's not the way it's supposed to work. To add insult to injury, management brags every year about how much money they made. Go to the Big 4, especially E&Y. They will pay you what you are worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't cut benefits for current employees. if you do, call it what it is and don't cake it in fluff about remaining competitive in the marketplace and industry standards. Please stop cramming your politics down peoples throats because it's really unprofessional.

Great learning opportunity.

I have been working at Grant Thornton, LLP full-time

Pros: Great people and team atmosphere Cons: Do not reward high performance adequately. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience. Work-life-balance and compensation equation is not in balance.

Senior Tax Associate (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Grant Thornton, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great experience. Exposure to many industries. Diverse work. Cons: Compensation is not up to par. Long hours (Based on conversations with… Advice to Senior Management: Help your seniors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Grant Thornton, LLP.

Worked for Grant Thornton, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton, LLP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Grant Thornton, LLP CEO Stephen Chipman. All reviews posted anonymously by Grant Thornton, LLP employees.