Grantham University

www.grantham.edu
  www.grantham.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Grantham University

Grantham is a place that recognizes and rewards drive and dedication -- we want our students to graduate!

Current Employee - Marketing in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Marketing in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Grantham University

Pros

You get to support some of the best people on earth - adult students who thought college was not possible for them.

You get to work with lots of people who believe in what they do and like their jobs

You get paid well and the benefits are great -- including FREE tution for you and your family to go to college.

Cons

They are up North near the airport, so I do have to drive every day - at least there is no traffic.

Usually you work more than 40 hours, but you can work remote so that's a plus.

Try to focus on the things that really matter. Don't spread yourself too thin. Keep up the good work in keeping us motivated and feeling like our work changes lives for the better.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Grantham University (View Most Recent)

Everyone works hard only a few get treated well.

I have been working at Grantham University full-time

Pros

The people are great and some of the students are truly grateful and do make you feel like you have helped them.

Cons

Upper management changes every 6 months and keeps re-trying ideas that never worked or were already tried years ago. A few departments get all the praise and all the money while others struggle and get blamed for any goals that are not met. I see some departments hiring like crazy while some operational areas, that are essential to the success of the business, are cut way back and can't get new hires or raises for deserving employees no matter how much they need them. They pour so much money into marketing and seeking out new students but that won't do any good until they figure out how to offer better products and services consistently to keep the students they do get.

HR is dealing with DOL audits and lawsuits from a couple years back and are afraid to make necessary changes they say they have been working on career pathing and standardized pay bands for over a year and a half. They treat employees like capital and not like human beings. No one has gotten an annual raise of any significance in over 3 years and morale is low. Departments don't communicate well with each other and upper management knows this, they say they are trying to fix it but nothing has changed. Turnover has been very high. The job market must be getting better because anyone who can find a better job is leaving. Many of the benefits and rewards are only for certain departments.

You get what you pay for. When you continue to pay well below average you will get below average performers. Hire the right people and pay them well, and I'm not talking about hiring more VPs. There are already too many VPs. If the students are really that important then hire more people to take care of them and pay those people what they deserve

Admissions Representative

I worked at Grantham University

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, with opportunities to make even more based on performance. If you can sell, you will make money and be able to flex your schedule.

Cons

Poor product being sold, was not excited about the opportunity I was trying to sell. Company did not do enought to ensure a quality educational product.

Please respond to the negative comments in the press regarding your institution. People read these, and it makes it almost impossible for employees to sell.

There are newer employer reviews for Grantham University