There are newer employer reviews for Gray Television

don't work for gray television, if you have other options

Former Employee - Reporter
Former Employee - Reporter

I worked at Gray Television

Pros

if you really have no other options for a job in television news, then it is a good place to work.

Cons

very outdated equipment, terrible managment, terrible salaries

managment needs to research the changes and advances in technology in broadcasting within the last ten years. technology, equipment and even terminology is extremely outdated.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Gray Television (View Most Recent)

Fun work, terrible pay

Former Employee - Production  in  Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Production in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Gray Television

Pros

The television industry by nature is a fun industry to work in. It's a fast-paced environment and you learn a lot in a small amount of time. Your co-workers know what they're doing and it's a great team environment. Gray has high standards for their stations, and that definitely helps you in the long run, especially if you don't plan on working there the rest of your life. It's a good place to learn the ropes.

Cons

You get paid horrendously for the work you do and the hours you put in. I worked on the morning broadcast for a while, which meant getting in by 4 a.m. every day. For that I got paid under seven an hour. You better have another job, savings or generous parents before you take a job with Gray. Many of my co-workers, as well as myself, had a second job to make ends meet.

Pay your employees more.

It's a great place to work, if you are willing to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Gray Television

Pros

The senior management is by far the best I've ever worked with, they actually care about their employees. From the president on down, all are very approachable. Benefits aren't bad, full medical and dental, a 401(k) plan and an employee stock purchase program. Unlike a lot of companies, this is one you can see yourself retiring with, no matter where you are in your career.

Cons

Money, or lack of it, always seems to be an issue in the company, at all divisions. Projects tend to be shot down under the premise "there just isn't enough money to do this," or "the ROI isn't high enough for us." Same applies for hiring additional staff. It's not uncommon that an employee is doing the work of two or more. This is really a company where you need to be resourceful.

Trust your employees, if we feel that you have our backs, we'll have yours.

There are newer employer reviews for Gray Television

Worked for Gray Television? Contribute to the Community!