There are newer employer reviews for Gray Television

Disappointing for those that dream of working in TV

Former Employee - Master Control Operator in Charlottesville, VA
Former Employee - Master Control Operator in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Gray Television

Pros

When one actually does a good job, your peers and co-workers acknowledge it and are appreciative of the work being done.

Cons

Good work is ignored from supervisors and above, internal promotion is nearly impossible, long term growth does not exist as mid level employees are stagnant with no interest in self growth nor helping lower level employees to grow in other arenas.

Actually listen to the annual reviews from the people at the bottom more than the people in the middle. Honesty was given from "entry level" workers who have been at the location for 2+ years.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Gray Television (View Most Recent)

don't work for gray television, if you have other options

Former Employee - Reporter
    Former Employee - Reporter

I worked at Gray Television

Pros

if you really have no other options for a job in television news, then it is a good place to work.

Cons

very outdated equipment, terrible managment, terrible salaries

managment needs to research the changes and advances in technology in broadcasting within the last ten years. technology, equipment and even terminology is extremely outdated.

Fun work, terrible pay

Former Employee - Production in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Production in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Gray Television

Pros

The television industry by nature is a fun industry to work in. It's a fast-paced environment and you learn a lot in a small amount of time. Your co-workers know what they're doing and it's a great team environment. Gray has high standards for their stations, and that definitely helps you in the long run, especially if you don't plan on working there the rest of your life. It's a good place to learn the ropes.

Cons

You get paid horrendously for the work you do and the hours you put in. I worked on the morning broadcast for a while, which meant getting in by 4 a.m. every day. For that I got paid under seven an hour. You better have another job, savings or generous parents before you take a job with Gray. Many of my co-workers, as well as myself, had a second job to make ends meet.

Pay your employees more.