Graybar Electric

www.graybar.com

Graybar is a company that is stuck in a mindset of doing things the way they've always done them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent total compensation package. Their retirement is second to none that I've ever worked for. A large company with a lot of good people in the field that have been with the company for many years.

ConsThe structure of the company is such that they have a very disjointed approach to the marketplace, especially where national accounts and the federal government are concerned. Thirteen districts, each with their own way of doing things and they don't take guidance from corporate. Within each district, there are between 10 and 20 branches that each has it's own reporting structure and P&L.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline reporting structure from branches to corporate so that everyone is pulling on the same end of the rope. Currently, things are too fractured and corporate "initiatives" fall on deaf ears by the time they get down to the branch level.

Outside Sales

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Graybar Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good stock purchase plan, good inventory. Cons: Not so great management team. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

I worked at Graybar Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good employee atmosphere! Semi decent vacation and PTO Cons: Management is very rude, unwilling to train or help to… Advice to Senior Management: If someone is willing, give them a shot. dont shut… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Graybar Electric.

Worked for Graybar Electric? Contribute to the Community!