Graybar Electric

There are newer employer reviews for Graybar Electric

HR Investigations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

I worked at Graybar Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Graybar provides competitive wages, outstanding benefits including 401k, profit sharing, stock purchase options and an attempt to promote from within.

Cons

Worked for Graybar for over 13 years, rapidly moving up in the company, was asked to take over a facility that no one else wanted. Relocated my family only to fall to the infamous "hot line" calls tat are notorious out of the Austell Facility. The District HR failed the facility by not taking an a time role in employee issues at this facility. Subpar performers are allowed to remain on staff while top performers struggle to remain afloat. Misuse of the "Employee Hot Line" continues to ruin the lives of top performers within the company. No true investigative process(see information below on private party investigation).

Protect your managers as you do yourself and the base force employee. Truly investigate, that means letting the accuser see the evidence or lack there of, allow the accused their due process. This particular situation is leading to legal action toward the company and those whom fabricated their complaints. Private investigations have uncovered the personnel involved, something the company should have done to protect an employee on the way up.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Graybar Electric (View Most Recent)

Old-fashioned company with out-dated views and processes

I have been working at Graybar Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It has been helpful to my career in allowing me to gain work experience and build a network within my career field. People with long tenure with the company have a wealth of knowledge that can be beneficial to someone just starting out.

Cons

pay, non-existent work-life balance, "good old boys" network - promotions given not by how you perform but who you know

wake up
    the best don't stay for a reason

Your CEO is not an honest person and mean spirited

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Graybar Electric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the folks out in the field are good people and mean well. It the corporate folks you have to watch out for.

Cons

Having worked with her group in HR, I can say from personal experience she's all about politics and does not like to listen to anyone opinion other than her own. By far the worst work experience I dealt with in my career.

none. this place will never change. It's all about politics and back stabbing

There are newer employer reviews for Graybar Electric