Great American Insurance Company

There are newer employer reviews for Great American Insurance Company

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Great American Insurance Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly working environment, flexible hours affording a good work/life balance, great location. I have had great managers that do not micro-manage and value and trust my opinion.

Cons

In recent years, the annual pay increases have declined.

reviews filtered by

Run away and don't look back

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The company is very financially stable and has been in the city of Cincinnati for decades. The company maintains diversity in business lines and is always looking for new opportunities to grow. Also, the building downtown is very nice to work in if you want the corporate culture.

Cons

I have worked in the IT annuities group for over 10 years and it continues to erode and is picking up steam. Any innovation or change is met with extreme resistance from the IT management and the business areas. The mantra is do more with less and don't challenge status quo. We continue to try and hire people with illusions of being able to make a difference when really we want to make a series of clones, who point the finger and look to fire people rather than change.

You watch your financials for cyclical patterns, check out your management team for repeated patterns. 2014 was supposed to be different, instead its the worst I've ever seen.

2. Great experience, great people

Current Intern - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Intern - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Great American Insurance Company as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Focus on establishing a friendly environment, great management, good training

Cons

Not very competitive hourly pay for interns

None