Great American Insurance Company

www.greatamericaninsurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Great American Insurance Company

Great American...Great in many ways

I worked at Great American Insurance Company

Pros

Tenure of current employees - lots of people to draw knowledge from
Tuition reimbursement - focus on education
Carl Lindner is a Cincinnati name, well respected and a a man of his word. Integrity and Christian based he truly is someone I was proud to work for.
Salary is good.
Definately not a title driven place. Sr. Management will talk to you...regardless of your title.

Cons

Some HR heads are less then sensitive ( example: you shouldn't call in sick to work unless you have a toe tag), although this rarely effects actual day to day work.
IT never seems to be settled on one direction
Many different business units each ran their own way so consistency of HR policies and bonuses are directed differently. Leaving employees who work for the same company being treated differently as HR is weak in their involvement.

GET IT projects ON TRACK!!!!!!! Pick one direction!!!!!!! Communication and listening to the business may be your first order of business.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Great American Insurance Company (View Most Recent)

Confused Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Great American Insurance Company

Pros

Family run company with a culture of promoting internally. High 401k match of 7.5%. Small company atmosphere in a large company. Headquarters in Cincinnati.

Cons

Lack of a business education is present in most of divisional management. They promote people to managers because they have worked for the company for a long time, not because they are actually qualified. Management often sends out conflicting messages.

N/a

Decent Place to Work

I worked at Great American Insurance Company

Pros

I had a great manager and was much more lucky than most people who worked in my office with other supervisors. I voiced my opinion but it wasn't always taken to heart unfortunately.

Cons

There are basically too many cooks in the kitchen; it seemed as if I worked with numerous managers on all different types of projects, and my actual manager had no idea when I was assigned work from others. It was overwhelming and confusing some of the time.

There are a few managers who don't even need to be employed in the office - it seems as if they are wasting everyone's time and are eating up salary pay with nothing to do. I literally would see one manager paint her nails in her office every day. Hmm.....

There are newer employer reviews for Great American Insurance Company