The way we were....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Great American Opportunities full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always a new challenge, good talent and solid knowledge of the business amongst mid-level managers, team environment, desire to suceed.

Cons

Most of senior management lacked what it took to make the company thrive while alive, and ultimately survive. This was a huge demoralizing factor for the workforce.

Too late now, but most of it should have been replaced years ago.

Other Reviews for Great American Opportunities

QSP is a company in decline - not a positive atmosphere for growth

I have been working at Great American Opportunities

Pros

Good Time, Inc. benefits, good compensation. Love working with school decision makers and feeling like I am part of their school. Flexible hours based on school schedules. Great camaraderie amongst other sales reps.

Cons

Completely incompetent management from president down to Regional Sales Managers completely tone deaf to the needs of customers and Field Sales personnel. Disastrous company policies implemented that infuriate customers. Little to no feedback is sought from Field. Major Blue Chip player (Time, Inc) out of touch with needs of Field sales people trying to make uniform robots out of us despite our unique contributions to our unique territories.

Morale at all time low two years after Jeff Blatt becomes president of QSP.

So much damage has been done by the current regime towards customers it's irreparable. Customers have been barraged with additional order fees, sales tax inconsistencies, order processing delays, profit check delays, reporting meltdowns (no vital reports for field). QSP screw ups are now so commonplace that it is difficult to remain credible in representing them.

Oppressive management towards field personnel has become intolerable. Numerous new recruits (rookie sales people) have quit within months after taking sales territories due to low salaries and burdensome school promotion costs that have not been explained to them sufficiently before taking the job.

The only hope for QSP now is that Time, Inc brass look at the money being lost at QSP from poor decisions and either completely replace management (including the president) or have a fire sale.

Middle of the road

I have been working at Great American Opportunities

Pros

Flexibility. QSP is well respected among schools.

Cons

The school fundraising industry is a mess. The salary for new hires is pathetic

Communication with your employees would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Great American Opportunities.

Worked for Great American Opportunities? Contribute to the Community!