Great American Opportunities

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager
Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at Great American Opportunities full-time

Pros

Great American is a family oriented, privately held company that cares about its employees. Their systems are tailored towards making life better for both rep and customer year in and year out. This job is great in that you get out what you put in. The sales compensation structure is based on how hard you want to work. The harder you work, the greater your chances to kill it! It is not out of the question to make six figures if you go out and hustle. Great American values this effort and genuinely wants to see its people make the incentive trips offered yearly to the field. Most impressive is the integrity with which our senior management conducts business. Integrity begins at the top and flows down through the am amazing support staff/customer service teams. I would definitely recommend Great American to a friend!

Cons

Must stay organized (not a con, but definitely a consideration)

12 Other Employee Reviews for Great American Opportunities (View Most Recent)

Friendly environment. Like a second family.

I have been working at Great American Opportunities

Pros

Very understanding that life happens and working with you with actual concern to get through any obstacles.

Cons

There are almost no opportunities for advancement in the company unless you know someone or have been with the company for years.

Pay more attention to your seasonal employees. You have a very talented group of individuals. Promotions should be performance-based rather than tenure-based.

Best decision I ever made.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Great American Opportunities full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The support I receive from the corporate office, my regional manager, and even the other sales reps in my region has been outstanding. There are so many people I can call for advice and help.

In the beginning, I was assigned a schedule riding with other reps in their territory to learn and ask questions. Later, very experienced reps came and rode with me in my territory. Even though I learned a lot at training in Nashville, nothing compared to being out in my own territory with an experienced rep by my side to give advice, help, and answer questions.

I am able to set my own hours and schedule. That being said, this is not a "work from home" business. My car is my office. I still have to go to the "office" every day, but I decide what part of my territory to tackle each day. I am able to plan my schedule around my kids' activities, and take an "office day" when necessary.

This job is all about self-motivation. In my previous job, the salary was the same for the hardest worker as it was for the slacker (with the same degree and years of experience, of course) With GAO, my salary is 100% up to me and the effort I put in.

The company provides many incentives as a reward for hard work - company paid trips, gift cards, vacation expense allowances, and bonuses are some examples.

So far, I haven't at all regretted leaving my previous job of 12 years to work for GAO. GAO has provided me with a greater opportunity to provide for my family and gives me the time to spend with them.

Cons

I read in a previous review about people spending too much for prizes. The company has a company-paid prize program that costs me nothing. GAO also pays a percentage if I choose to create my own prize program. It is true that expenses can add up, but my manager helps me watch my spending and keep it at a minimum. So I suppose this is a CON with a PRO.

We do have competition with other fundraising companies and independents. Learning how to compete as a new rep against people who have been doing it for years has been my biggest challenge. But there are always other GAO reps whom I can call for help.

There are newer employer reviews for Great American Opportunities