There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

Over worked under paid

Current Employee - SYLIST in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - SYLIST in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

IT is close to home and the tips are good.
Located in a shopping area which is convienient for client and staff.

Cons

Managers are required to ask for donations from stores and restaurants for his company picnic to give as prizes to his stylist because he does not want to buy prizes. No vacation. To make more than base pay is highly impossible. Not a flexible work schedual. Understaffed. Work every weekend.

Advice to Management

Tell the owner to pay more and bring back the benefits that were taken away these past few years for example 401k.

reviews filtered by

It has had its ups and downs, disappointments and great times, like any job or carreer.

Current Employee - Stylist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Stylist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Flexible hours so I could go back to school and get a BA and an MA. They are in every state, so that when I transfered college in a different state, I was able to stay with GC by just transferring. Depending on the franchisee you get: good - great pay, treated well, great people to work with. I have worked with GC for 15 years, I stayed because I liked it (several GC's and only 4 different franchisees).

Cons

Sometimes you and co-workers don't mesh with each other and you can get gossips and troublemakers. Sometimes you can't get people to work at all. I have been in the shop several times by myself or with a receptionist calling other stylists who don't seem to answer the phone. Another thing is that recently our franchisee has been changing A LOT of rules. Keep the wait times down but don't work more that (fill in the blank) hours. Keep payroll down. We are changing this . . . then they change something else . . . it gets tiresome.

Advice to Management

Managers/General Managers/Franchisees: I have been with GC long enough to have been in every position from stylist to manager. Treat your employees like people - not chattle. We are people who work for you and yes, you can go out and get someone else - but why would you want to train someone else? Just because I have many requests and make more than minimum wage and work part time, doesn't mean that someone just out of school can take my place. Don't make us do all this work for nothing. Standing on your feet for hours at a time is not easy - most franchisees don't know this; however, many GM's do but they don't remember. I know that pressure comes from the top down but don't let greed take over!

2. Great Clips is an awesome company for the career minded person

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Great pay, benefits, training, flexible schedules and advancement opportunities

Cons

specialty salon that doesnt offer color services.

Advice to Management

more development workshops for stylists, to help keep Great Clips at the top.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips