A challanging job

Former Employee - Full Time Stylist  in  Springfield, IL
Former Employee - Full Time Stylist in Springfield, IL

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Good tips, friendly staff, freindly customers, co-workers did'nt call in too much and lots of walk-in clients.

Cons

Timed haircuts 13-17 min average, it is hard to do great haircuts in a timed salon. Low pay in paycheck for hours worked. Products shelves not always stocked, hard to sell products. Some of the employees wer'nt as much team players checking clients in. Hard to get breaks and lunch in when salon was busy.

If Im not doing a good anough job with haircut times, redos ect., let me know so I could try to improve. Instead of letting me go with no notice.

Other Reviews for Great Clips

Very disappointing

Former Employee - Stylist  in  Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - Stylist in Denville, NJ

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Was the flexible hours however that has been taken away you now need to work night, days, all weekend long, and holidays.

Cons

I was not able to get even 1 full week of vacation in the entire 4 1/2 years I worked there. They worked me like a dog and did not appreciate it at all. I went above and beyond marketing and covering other peoples shifts opening, closing, banking and in the end was worked to death with nothing to show for it. Pay sucks and benefits are bare bones or nonexistant. Promised training DOES NOT EXIST AND IS A LIE.

None they don't listen anyway...Beware of owners who are too involved with their staff and don't side with management.

It's a place I have to make my self go to. Pay is fair considering we get hourly pay. Productivity is not so good.

Current Employee - Stylist  in  Bryan, TX
    Current Employee - Stylist in Bryan, TX

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Pay is fair. Some of the girls I work with are ok. either than that that's all I have.

Cons

Management is AWFUL... Nothing there is fair. It's all about who runs the place and that is it. Anyone else DOES NOT matter..

Step down and let someone else do it! Someone with ALOT more experience. Someone older that has cooth and doesn't walk around with their nose in the air!! Management is NOT proessional..

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips.

Worked for Great Clips? Contribute to the Community!