There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

Treated as disposable labor

Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Valencia, CA

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Flexible hours,easy parking at this Valencia,ca location. Lot's of walk in's.

Cons

Help wanted banner said,Paid vacations (never,what a joke) Health benefits (I can't stop laughing) Here is the deal..You are paid $9.00 an hour, people tip you $2-$5 a haircut ,$5 if your lucky. The Owner said "It's $9.00 an hour but we all know your not here for the hourly,your here for the tips". You will never work 40 hours or more. The most they will give you is 39.5 hours. If you actually worked 40 hours , then you would qualify for health benefits etc. And they don't do that in this company. They run it like a Walmart. Hire part timers ,that way you dont get raises,health benefits etc. My fellow employees had worked there 2-3 years and never even got a 45 cent raise ! Pathetic. If you actually did work 40+ hours, management will tell you to take minutes and sometimes hours off your pay/work check in. She will put doubt into you like" I think you only took a 45 minute lunch on that day" or you clocked in in correctly"...

Listen to your staff and not always management. Hire a Friday night and weekend receptionist. You lose so many people who walk out because they wait too long or were not properly submitted into the computer as the next customer. Stopping a haircut to check people in when it's busy loses you money and we lose tips.

198 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

A challanging job

Former Employee - Full Time Stylist in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Full Time Stylist in Springfield, IL

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Good tips, friendly staff, freindly customers, co-workers did'nt call in too much and lots of walk-in clients.

Cons

Timed haircuts 13-17 min average, it is hard to do great haircuts in a timed salon. Low pay in paycheck for hours worked. Products shelves not always stocked, hard to sell products. Some of the employees wer'nt as much team players checking clients in. Hard to get breaks and lunch in when salon was busy.

If Im not doing a good anough job with haircut times, redos ect., let me know so I could try to improve. Instead of letting me go with no notice.

Very disappointing

Former Employee - Stylist in Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - Stylist in Denville, NJ

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Was the flexible hours however that has been taken away you now need to work night, days, all weekend long, and holidays.

Cons

I was not able to get even 1 full week of vacation in the entire 4 1/2 years I worked there. They worked me like a dog and did not appreciate it at all. I went above and beyond marketing and covering other peoples shifts opening, closing, banking and in the end was worked to death with nothing to show for it. Pay sucks and benefits are bare bones or nonexistant. Promised training DOES NOT EXIST AND IS A LIE.

None they don't listen anyway...Beware of owners who are too involved with their staff and don't side with management.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips