Great Clips
greatclips.com

A place to start at but not to stay

Hair Stylist (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsClientele is already there, they train well

ConsThe pay is minimum wage which is disturbing after getting licensed in the profession but making McDonald's type pay. The manager is apparently all knowing and can't do wrong. Coworkers treat you like they have seniority and your their b****

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everybody the same and quit playing favoritism. Make sure consequences are given to all not just the people who aren't liked. Haircut times are stupid people should get to interact with their client without feeling rushed.

Treated as disposable labor

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber (Former Employee)
    Valencia, CA

I worked at Great Clips

Pros: Flexible hours,easy parking at this Valencia,ca location. Lot's of walk… Cons: Help wanted banner said,Paid vacations (never,what a joke) Health benefits (I can't stop laughing) Here is the deal..You are paid $9.00 an hour,… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your staff and not always management. Hire a Friday night and weekend receptionist. You lose so many people who walk out because they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A challanging job

Full Time Stylist (Former Employee)
    Springfield, IL

I worked at Great Clips

Pros: Good tips, friendly staff, freindly customers, co-workers did'nt call in… Cons: Timed haircuts 13-17 min average, it is hard to do great haircuts in a timed salon. Low pay in paycheck for hours worked. Products shelves… Advice to Senior Management: If Im not doing a good anough job with haircut times, redos ect., let me… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Great Clips.

Worked for Great Clips? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great Clips reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Great Clips CEO Rhoda Olsen. All reviews posted anonymously by Great Clips employees.