Great Clips

www.greatclips.com
There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

A place to start at but not to stay

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Houston, TX

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Clientele is already there, they train well

Cons

The pay is minimum wage which is disturbing after getting licensed in the profession but making McDonald's type pay. The manager is apparently all knowing and can't do wrong. Coworkers treat you like they have seniority and your their b****

Treat everybody the same and quit playing favoritism. Make sure consequences are given to all not just the people who aren't liked. Haircut times are stupid people should get to interact with their client without feeling rushed.

234 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

Treated as disposable labor

Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Valencia, CA

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Flexible hours,easy parking at this Valencia,ca location. Lot's of walk in's.

Cons

Help wanted banner said,Paid vacations (never,what a joke) Health benefits (I can't stop laughing) Here is the deal..You are paid $9.00 an hour, people tip you $2-$5 a haircut ,$5 if your lucky. The Owner said "It's $9.00 an hour but we all know your not here for the hourly,your here for the tips". You will never work 40 hours or more. The most they will give you is 39.5 hours. If you actually worked 40 hours , then you would qualify for health benefits etc. And they don't do that in this company. They run it like a Walmart. Hire part timers ,that way you dont get raises,health benefits etc. My fellow employees had worked there 2-3 years and never even got a 45 cent raise ! Pathetic. If you actually did work 40+ hours, management will tell you to take minutes and sometimes hours off your pay/work check in. She will put doubt into you like" I think you only took a 45 minute lunch on that day" or you clocked in in correctly"...

Listen to your staff and not always management. Hire a Friday night and weekend receptionist. You lose so many people who walk out because they wait too long or were not properly submitted into the computer as the next customer. Stopping a haircut to check people in when it's busy loses you money and we lose tips.

A challanging job

Former Employee - Full Time Stylist in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Full Time Stylist in Springfield, IL

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

Good tips, friendly staff, freindly customers, co-workers did'nt call in too much and lots of walk-in clients.

Cons

Timed haircuts 13-17 min average, it is hard to do great haircuts in a timed salon. Low pay in paycheck for hours worked. Products shelves not always stocked, hard to sell products. Some of the employees wer'nt as much team players checking clients in. Hard to get breaks and lunch in when salon was busy.

If Im not doing a good anough job with haircut times, redos ect., let me know so I could try to improve. Instead of letting me go with no notice.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips