Great Clips

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

Great Clips Stylist

Current Employee - Stylist
Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Great Clips part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The good thing about working at my particular franchise is there are always lots of clients. It's very gender neutral and clients like not having to sit and wait long to be serviced. The stylists are friendly and approachable.

Cons

The thing I dislike the most is the emphasis on getting the clients in and out so fast. I think that we're not able to really do good consultations with our clients. We're in such a rush to get people out the door that I think Great Clips has a reputation of being a poor quality salon. That's actually not the case but when the emphasis is placed on the speed in which we work, some stylists don't take care to do good quality work. Management at my franchise is poor and childish is some ways. This would be a great place to work but for the management.

Listen to your stylists.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

fine if you know what to expect

I worked at Great Clips

Pros

if you like to cut, this is for you, dont expect much support or reward beyond getting paid. Things are discussed enthusiastically or as if very important but not followed through on.

Cons

no regular schedule, no support from uppers when you are trying to accomplish what you are told to do. The pay is low, and you can make thi sup in tips, but the bonus program is set up for failure an the standards to make a bonus are constantly revised to make it harder.

care about getting things done that affect other people. Do what you say you will, be a person of your word. If someone brings up a subject, assume it is important. Take care of your GOOD employees, not your problem and whining employees. Your good employees will stay longer if you treat them fairly, and not treat your problem employees better than you do them.

Great place to start out

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Flexible schedules make it easy to balance other responsibilities

Cons

The 13-15 minute haircut time limit is hard to achieve especially when doing women's hair.

Extend the haircut time limit to have a better quality cut.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips