Great Clips

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips

Busy, Busy and Busy.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Niles, MI
Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Niles, MI

I have been working at Great Clips full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Busy and fast paced. Tips are great. A lot of incentives.

Cons

Long hours, Having to work every weekend.

Maybe rotate weekends and holidays.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Great Clips (View Most Recent)

Promises more than they are willing to give you

Former Employee - Stylist in Leominster, MA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Leominster, MA

I worked at Great Clips part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid training, some locations may offer benefits depending on the franchisee, great place for new beauty school graduates, easy haircutting system

Cons

hair cuts are cheap so tips wont be as good as you might expect, only haircuts are offered (and perms in some locations)..which means no color which brings in big bucks for stylists, this isn't a company that seems to care about keeping their employees, turnover rates were high at my salon because of dissatisfaction, there is no hotline for employees to call if they are cocerned their owner or manager isnt doing their job, haircuts must be produced in under 17 minutes, shampooing is not included in a hair cut, non stylists can own a salon, which means someone who doesnt understand the industry might be telling you what to do, my salon wasn't even making payroll, so someone with poor marketing or management skills could own a salon as well, at my salon paychecks were written with personal checks, which meant you couldnt cash them/have your money right away..very unprofessional and inconvinient.

keep promises as far as job hours and benefits go, focus on quality over quantity as far as haircuts go, corporate should take more control and not allow underqualified people to open salons/operate without a proper payroll system

Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Great Clips full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like some of the people I work with and most of our customers. I'm also great-full for the flexibility on the scheduling (most weeks anyways).

Cons

The pay leaves something to be desired. Bonuses or incentives to working your tail off are few and far between. Nothing you do is right and even corporate judges you on numbers that you can't control. Even if you work for the company for years, unless you are one of the favorites to upper management, you won't go anywhere but the bottom of the ladder.

Treat your employees better. Give them a reason to stay and a reason to like working for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Great Clips